PRODUCERS behind The Bachelorette were left ‘shocked’ after Clare Crawley allegedly quit the show two weeks into production, according to new reports.
The 39-year-old was on location at La Quinta Resort & Club in La Quinta, California when she refused to go on dates because she had already ‘fallen in love’.
The Bachelorette producers were left ‘shocked’ after Clare Crawley allegedly quit the show two weeks into production[/caption]
According to US Weekly, Clare would not leave her room after she had fallen for former football player Dale Moss, 31, before filming had begun.
The publication claimed that Bachelorette producers were left “scrambling” and “frantic” to come up with a plan to save the season by reaching out to potential contestants.
A source close to production told them: “They had to find a way to continue the show without just starting from scratch.
“When producers reached back out, out of the blue, it was very apparent that something had happened with production.”
The 39-year-old was on location at La Quinta Resort & Club in La Quinta, California when she reportedly refused to go on dates[/caption]
It comes days after it was reported that Clare is already engaged to contestant Dale and threatened to walk away from The Bachelorette following 12 days into the shoot.
On Monday, an insider told Life & Style that Clare and the former NFL player are set to tie the knot.
The source revealed her feelings were so strong, she “told producers she no longer wanted to participate in the show” and even “refused to come out of her room” during filming.
Producers were “blindsided” by the sudden twist and were left “scrambling to figure out what to do,” the insider claimed.
Clare is already engaged to contestant Dale Moss[/caption]
“They are frantically trying to pick up the pieces without having to start over completely,” the source continued.
Clare has not publicly spoken out about her alleged engagement but she did hint at speculation fan-favorite Tayshia Adams has already taken her place as The Bachelorette.
As ABC production has reportedly been left trying to save this already-delayed season, the Sacramento hairstylist liked a tweet that referenced Tayshia being the new lead.
On Sunday, she double-tapped on a post that said: “I’m sure many would be thrilled with Tayshia, too,” alongside a gif which read: “buckle up, it’s getting crazy!”
Clare has not publicly spoken out about her alleged engagement[/caption]
She later unliked it Monday morning but fans were quick to point out Clare would not have access to her phone at all if she were still filming.
Deadline has reported that Clare’s exit “will be incorporated into the season’s storyline,” giving fans, for the first time, two Bachelorettes in one season.
Production for the show only began on July 19 and showrunners were left “blindsided” by Clare’s decision to quit after just 12 days.
Reports claim Tayshia – who previously appeared on Colton Underwood’s season of The Bachelor and last season’s Bachelor in Paradise – has stepped up to the plate.
There’s speculation fan-favorite Tayshia Adams has already taken her place as The Bachelorette[/caption]
Producers are hoping to “match her up with the bachelors who are left,” while reportedly calling “backup men” to fly to California as production resumes.
Reality Steve has confirmed the 29-year-old was at the La Quinta Resort in Palm Desert – where this season of The Bachelorette is being filmed.
The blogger added that he could not verify whether Clare was still there – telling CheatSheet: “There’s no reason for Tayshia to be in La Quinta unless she’s being asked to film something.
“Which means that she would be the Bachelorette. So if you ask me if Tayshia is going to be the Bachelorette from this point forward, my answer would be yes.”
Most read in Celebrity
EastEnders Maisie Smith gives tour of her home as she boozes with her mum
Peter Andre shocked to learn Britain has sandy beaches on Cornwall holiday
Will Young's mum pays tribute to star's tragic twin Rupert with touching pics
YOU'RE IN MY HOUSE
Penny Lancaster reveals lavish £4m mansion with Rod Stewart in 'tour'
Nicole Scherzinger poses in bikini after being upstaged by Thom Evans' bulge
SOMEONE LIKE NEW
Adele almost unrecognisable as she shows off weight loss and curly hair
The show has already been delayed by four months due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, with new safety protocols pushing back production as all contestants have had to be tested for COVID-19 before quarantining at a resort for 14 days.
An insider said: “Execs hope the guys will still want to participate; it took them time to test them all for COVID and they’ve already been quarantined at the resort for 14 days.”
It is believed by fans that Clare and Dale grew a connection during the show’s four-month hiatus due to the coronavirus.