Prince Harry has revealed the intimate thought he had when he saw Meghan Markle walking down the aisle on their wedding day. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were married at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle on May 19, 2018. Although the world’s eyes were upon the royal couple, the pair reportedly only had eyes for each other as their nuptials began.
Prince Harry has now revealed what was going through his head as Meghan was walked down the aisle by his father, King Charles III.
Speaking to Netflix as part of their documentary series on the couple, Harry said he thought: “Look at me and look what I’ve got. Look what I’ve found.
“The world was watching us but when we were actually at the altar as far as I was concerned it was just the two of us.”
Meghan also gave the Netflix series her thoughts on her relationship with the prince.
READ MORE: Prince George’s godfather announces engagement to girlfriend
Meghan said: “H and I are a really, really good at finding each other in the chaos. It’s not that the rest of it doesn’t matter, but it feels temporary.”
Alongside the couple’s nearest and dearest, St George’s Chapel was also filled with members of the Hollywood elite who had been invited to witness the ceremony.
Famous faces included Victoria and David Beckham, Amal and George Clooney, Oprah, and Idris Elba. Former Prime Ministers such as Sir John Major were also in attendance.
Alongside, the rich, the famous, and the royal members of the public were also invited to witness the royal nuptials inside the grounds of Windsor Castle including those who did charitable work.
This is a theme which has continued into a more contemporary future event, King Charles III’s Coronation.
As part of the Coronation, 850 charity and community representatives have been invited to the ceremony on May 6.
This includes Max Woosey, 13. Also known as the “boy in the tent”, Mr Woosey has raised more than £750,000 for North Devon Hospice by camping in his garden for three years.
The feat of endurance has earned him an invite to the Coronation next month along with hundreds of other British Empire Medal (BEM) recipients.
Buckingham Palace said many of the 850 in attendance had been “instrumental in providing services and support to their local communities during the Covid-19 lockdowns”.
Buckingham Palace has also announced that around 400 young people representing charitable organisations will be able to watch the Coronation service from St Margaret’s Church. The Palace has said they will also be able to watch the procession.
The 400 includes 200 young people involved with the Prince’s Trust, the Prince’s Foundation, Barnardo’s, the National Literacy Trust, and Ebony Horse Club.
The Prince’s Trust is a charity set up by King Charles III in 1976 as a way to help vulnerable young people get their lives on track.
Since it was founded 47 years ago, it has helped thousands of young people who have been affected by homelessness, mental health problems, or trouble with law enforcement.