A TWO-YEAR-OLD girl died after drinking toilet cleaner, an inquest heard today.
Arietta-Grace Barnett was at home when she ingested the poisonous household product.
Arietta-Grace Barnett, 2, was rushed to Southampton General Hospital where she died[/caption]
A pre-inquest review was held at Portsmouth Coroners Court today[/caption]
The toddler, from Southampton, Hants, was found by her sister and rushed to hospital in June last year, Portsmouth Coroners Court heard.
She was able to return home four days later after receiving treatment – but suffered a nose bleed and began vomiting blood six days later.
Arietta-Grace was again rushed to Southampton General Hospital where she died.
The toddler’s parents Lucy Cook and Scott Barnett attended the preliminary opening of the inquest.
Area coroner for Hampshire, Portsmouth and Southampton, Rosamund Rhodes-Kemp said: “On the 28th June 2019 (she) ingested toilet cleaner.
Most read in News
The 10 areas where coronavirus cases are rising – risking more local lockdowns
Grim photos prove just how important face masks are in fight against Covid
FEEL THE HEAT
Sun set to return to Britain as Europe basks in 43C July scorcher
Traffic chaos alert as 10 million drivers set to hit road for Super Saturday
HEY BIG SPENDER
PM unveils 'new deal' plan with 30% off homes for first time buyers
Coronavirus LIVE: Boris Johnson unveils 'New Deal' plan as deaths hit 43,575
“On the 9th July, very sadly Arietta-Grace Barnett suffered a nose bleed and then she started vomiting blood.
“She was taken back to hospital but unfortunately it was not possible to save her.”
Coroner Rhodes-Kemp said the date and location of the full inquest, which will take two days, is yet to be determined.