FORMULA ONE is back!
Following a lengthy postponement due to the coronavirus pandemic, motorsport is making a tentative return this weekend in Austria.
Lewis Hamilton clinched his sixth world title last season[/caption]
Reigning champion Lewis Hamilton is out to claim his seventh world title this season and has announced he will race in a special black Mercedes to support of the Black Lives Matter movement.
When is Austrian GP practice and qualifying?
- The Formula One season will begin at the The Red Bull Ring in Spielberg.
- As usual the race schedule will take place over three days – practice, qualifying and finally race day itself.
- Practice sessions 1 and 2 are being held on Friday, July 3 – TODAY.
- The first commenced at 10am, with the second to begin at 2pm.
- Final practice begins at 11am BST on Saturday, with the first qualifying session of the year starting later at 2pm.
When does the Austrian GP race start?
- The Grand Prix starts in earnest on Sunday July 4.
- Lights out is at the now customary time of 2.10pm BST.
F1 LIVE: KEEP UP TO DATE WITH ALL AUSTRIAN GP PRACTICE, QUALIFYING AND RACE NEWS
What TV channel is the Austrian GP on and can I live stream it?
- You can catch all of the action live on Sky Sports F1.
- Coverage of the first practice session begins at 10am.
- If you want to stream or don’t have a Sky account, grab a NOW TV pass from just £9.99.
- Highlights of qualifying and the big race will be broadcast on Channel 4.
Most read in Motorsport
JUR'LL BE SORRY
Klopp fumes at Geoff Shreeves after City thrash newly-crowned champs 4-0
UFC star Khabib's dad Abdulmanap 'passes away after contracting coronavirus'
Lionel Messi set to QUIT Barcelona in 2021 when contract ends
EFL chief filmed discussing Wigan's administration link to 'Far East bets'
Wilder brands Mourinho a 'class act' after Spurs boss interrupts his interview
Crystal Palace become first Prem club to distance themselves from BLM group
Friday, July 3
- Practice 1: 10am – 11.30am
- Practice 2: 2pm – 3.30pm
Saturday, July 4
- Practice 3: 11am – midday
- Qualifying: 2pm – 3pm
Sunday, July 5
- Race – 2.10pm – 4.10pm